Welcome to Year 6!
Welcome to the Year 6 class page.
Our teacher is Mrs Adshead, assisted by Mr Arnold.
Our termly topics are:
Autumn Term - The Maya Civilization - history topic
Spring Term - World War Two - history topic
Summer Term - Marvellous Maps - geography topic
Some important information:
- Children are encouraged to read as often as possible at home from a wide variety of texts, including non-fiction.
- Homework is set every Friday and is expected to be returned completed by the following Wednesday.
- Spellings are given to the children to learn on a Monday morning and are tested every Friday.
- Children are also regularly tested on their multiplication tables and arithmetic skills.
- If your child requires any medication, please make sure this is sent into school with written instructions and permission for administration from a parent/carer.
- We use class dojos as our reward system in school. Children collect these and work towards their bronze, silver and gold behaviour badges.
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!